Newsletter of the Canadian Association of Recycling Industries
Volume 8, No. 5, May 2016
FLEET SAFETY PART I – GENERAL TIPS
Work related vehicle accidents account for approximately one third of all traffic accidents. Fleet safety should be a top priority for business owners and management. Clear, company-wide fleet safety policies can protect your staff and property, and help preserve your reputation with your customers.
While properly training new hires and maintaining vehicles are paramount to fleet safety, on-going training, periodic evaluation of existing procedures, and proper data collection and collision analysis create a comprehensive fleet safety plan.
Below are a few general elements of fleet safety:
- Driver selection procedures: including screening applicants, checking driver records for existing drivers annually, and determining areas that require addition training.
- Establishing written policies and procedures specifying the expectations of employees and outlining consequences for non-compliance. At a minimum, written policies should cover safe vehicle operation basics, use of seat belts, cell phone use policy, and the prohibiting of alcohol and controlled substances.
- Ensuing the appropriate vehicle is used for the job at hand, with consideration of any applicable Cargo Securement requirements for transport of specific materials.
- Reporting and investigating all vehicle incidents to identify root causes and develop prevention plans.
- Conducting a pre-trip/shift inspection routine and allotting adequate time for any inspections or adjustments made while in transit.
- Providing regular maintenance at specific mileage intervals as well as a thorough inspection of each vehicle annually.
Dev International, based in Delhi, is looking for new suppliers. They require the following scrap on a regular basis:
HMS ½, Bundles, PNS, HSS Scrap. Quantity from 100mt to 2000mt
Copper Scrap ( Pure as well as Cables) Qty: 20mt to 100mt
Brass Scrap Qty: 50mt to 200mt
Electric Motor Scrap Qty 100mt to 500mt
Electronic Scrap Qty 20 mt to 100mt
Aluminium Scrap all Form Qty 100mt to 500mt
Lead Scrap Qty 50mt to 200mt
Zinc Scrap Qty 50mt to 200mt
1000/3, 1ST FLOOR, BALLABH MARKET
KUCHA NATWA, CHANDNI CHOWK,
DELHI 110006 (INDIA)
Have you booked your accommodations for CARI’s 75th Annual Convention?
Preferred rates at the Westin Ottawa will increase on May 9 and availability is limited, so make your reservation today.
ABP Trades Ltd., an agency based in the UK, is looking for 20mt of drained/dry battery scrap (rains) for a client in Dubai. If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Agent Amit Patel with your cif price and payment terms at ABP Trades Ltd, 3 Melcombe Place, London NW1 6JE. Tel: 020 7724 5208, Mobile: +44 7956 190 022 Email: [email protected]
75th Annual Convention
CARI’S Annual Golf Tournament
Beverly Golf & Country Club
August 18, 2016
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
Atlantic Canada Family Business Summit
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RCBC Conference & Trade Show
Whistler, British Columbia
BIR World Recycling Convention & Exhibition
May 30 – June 1
Canadian Association of Recycling Industries
130 Albert Street Suite 1906
Ottawa, On K1P 5G4